[6bone] 6to4 or 6bone direct(ish)

Mark Himsley 6bone at mdsh.com
Fri Feb 20 03:49:37 PST 2004

Good morning,

I hope this is an acceptable question for this list.

At this stage of IPv6 roll out which is the best way for users without
native IPv6 providing ISPs to use IPv6?

Ok - that might be too big a question. I'm in the lucky position that I
have broadband with a Linux router/firewall.

In the past I have tunneled from the router to my nearest broker (BT Exact)
but that was a pain because the tunnel would time out and then I'd have to
set another one up which gives a different IP address...

So recently I set the router to be a 6to4 gateway. This appears to work
really well. My only concern is that it was too easy. Should things this
easy to setup be the most efficient?

By the way, I find reading all the posts in this email list extremely
interesting - it's probably the most informative list I read, so thank you
all for your enlightening posts.

--
Mark Himsley