Dynamic DNS update on Windows for IPv6 was: reverse DNS considered pointless was: [6bone] Fwd: BCP 80, RFC 3681 on Delegation of E.F.F.3.IP6.ARPA

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Sat Feb 14 02:51:27 PST 2004

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 09:27:22PM +1100, 'Anand Kumria' wrote:
> > The brave new world over here (Europe) works quite well, we simply
> > don't use 6bone that much anymore thus have been happily using
> > RIPE's ip6.int + ip6.arpa delegations.
>
> Of course, you are in Europe and have a reasonable RIR. Over here we
> have APNIC. Worse, in .au very few ISPs have been experimenting with
> IPv6.

Now this sparks professional interest.  What's "unreasonable" about APNIC?

>From my discussions with APNIC people, their policies and procedures are
fairly similar to what RIPE does.

As for "ISPs not picking up IPv6" - well, yes, this is a problem, but not
something APNIC can solve.  It has improved *lots* over here in Europe,
but still the largest part of the Internet is not v6 capable.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  58081  (57882)

SpaceNet AG                 Mail: netmaster at Space.Net
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14   Tel : +49-89-32356-0
80807 Muenchen              Fax : +49-89-32356-299