[6bone] Fwd: BCP 80, RFC 3681 on Delegation of E.F.F.3.IP6.ARPA

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Sun Feb 8 10:06:42 PST 2004

hi,

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 06:34:41PM -0500, Chuck Yerkes wrote:
> > >On a better topic, I hope this gets there real quick
> > >because then we can simply turn of ip6.int and *FORCE*
> > >application vendors to do ip6.arpa support in their code.
>
> I say we rise up and rebel.  I used arpa net.  20+ years
> ago.  I'd dance to see the arpa TLD die.  INT is a fine place
> to end 6 addresses in.

While I understand your sentiments, I don't think this would be overly
helpful.  This stupid ip6.int/ip6.arpa power play has been going on for
way too long, and we really should take the pragmatic way and just
accept what is written in the RFC now (ip6.arpa), even if we don't like
it.

Reopening that can of worms will just delay useful reverse DNS deployment
even further.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  58081  (57882)

SpaceNet AG                 Mail: netmaster at Space.Net
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14   Tel : +49-89-32356-0
80807 Muenchen              Fax : +49-89-32356-299