[6bone] Fwd: BCP 80, RFC 3681 on Delegation of E.F.F.3.IP6.ARPA

Chuck Yerkes chuck+6bone at snew.com
Thu Feb 5 15:34:41 PST 2004

Quoting Bob Fink (bob at thefinks.com):
> >Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> >> FYI.
> >Indeed just saw it on the ID mailer too.
> >Now let's see when it gets implemented.
> >Who votes for 6/6/2006 ? :)
> >
> >On a better topic, I hope this gets there real quick
> >because then we can simply turn of ip6.int and *FORCE*
> >application vendors to do ip6.arpa support in their code.
> Marc Blanchet is readying the servers as we speak to make this happen.

I say we rise up and rebel.  I used arpa net.  20+ years
ago.  I'd dance to see the arpa TLD die.  INT is a fine place
to end 6 addresses in.

Then we can mock slow 6 adopters and say:  See?  "INT"!  It's
for INTernet.  You're on arpa-net technology

DNAME frightens me as too easy a way to subvert large parts
of a network.  Thanks, I'll watch from over here.

And I like 6/6/6 as a major ipv6 implementation date :)