[6bone] Fwd: Protocol Action: Delegation of E.F.F.3.IP6.ARPA to BCP

Pim van Pelt pim@ipng.nl
Sat, 31 May 2003 14:36:24 +0200

Hoi,

| Now we (Randy Bush, myself and the folks that will set up the reverse path
| servers) are working to implement the decision approved in the BCP.
I would actually think that the abbreviation for BCP insinuates that
there is actually already something designed or even in place to solve
the delegation quickly. Nevertheless, well done and good luck in the
implementation.

| So, please stay tuned for announcement of plans, but appreciate it may be a
| bit of delay to get details worked out.
Please hurry up! If there is anything I or the community can do to speed
up the deployment of the 6bone .arpa space, please don't hesitate to
ask.

And as for Jeroen's comments -- I agree that the .int version of the
tree should not be queried as soon as the pTLA holders have their
.arpa tree active. Seeing as the 6BONE is the only place lagging behind
in this area, can we try to be strict on when entities convert their
zonefiles to the .arpa tree ? We need this to really make things
work[tm].

Can we also make sure to circulate to the software engineers that the
ip6.int tree will not be needed as soon as (some fixed percentage of)
the pTLA holders have their DNS updated ?

Can we try to kick non-responsive pTLA holders ? They'd be in violation
of the RFC2772, after all. How long is a lenient, but not too long,
grace period for pTLA holders to procede ? 6 months seems reasonable to
me.

I'd be willing to help out with the paperwork, if that's required.

--
Pim van Pelt                 Email: pim@ipng.nl