[6bone] Fwd: Protocol Action: Delegation of E.F.F.3.IP6.ARPA to BCP

Jeroen Massar jeroen@unfix.org
Sat, 31 May 2003 11:13:08 +0200

Bob Fink wrote:

> 6bone Folk,
>
> As you can see from the IESG announcement just circulated to
> the list, the
> draft delegating the reverse path for E.F.F.3.IP6.ARPA to the
> 6bone has been approved as a BCP.
>
> Now we (Randy Bush, myself and the folks that will set up the
> reverse path servers) are working to implement the decision approved
in the BCP.

> So, please stay tuned for announcement of plans, but
> appreciate it may be a bit of delay to get details worked out.

Could you include in the details what happens to ip6.int delegations?
I know a number of 'current' platforms that solely use ip6.int and
I'd rather see these platforms fail miserably when reversing and
thus semi forcing them to update their code to finally use ip6.arpa.

glibc (Linux) nicely first tries ip6.arpa and after that tries ip6.int.

I hope this all gets sorted out quickly, an approval by the IESG
is a big step in the right direction fortunatly.

Greets,
 Jeroen