[6bone] core ns registry database

Kimmo Suominen kim@tac.nyc.ny.us
Thu, 03 Jul 2003 23:25:11 -0400

I'm happy to report that directNIC.com can manually enter IPv6 addresses.
A Product Development Manager responded to my support ticket:

   "I understand the need to the ability to create IPv6 nameservers.
    [...]

   "Currently it does not allow IPv6 to be associated with a nameserver,
    but I have added it to the list of things that will be added shortly.
    If you need an IPv6 nameserver created before it's added, please let
    me know all of the information and I will get it created."

>From past experience, when they say they'll implement a feature, it does
not take long for it to appear on the production website.  They have also
always been very responsive in their support.

Now if only the root and gtld servers had IPv6 addresses...  :-)

Regards,
+ Kim

    Server Name: GRENDEL.GW.COM
    IP Address: 2001:240:584:1:260:8FF:FEC6:332C
    IP Address: 204.80.150.1
    Registrar: INTERCOSMOS MEDIA GROUP, INC. D/B/A DIRECTNIC.COM
    Whois Server: whois.directnic.com
    Referral URL: http://www.directnic.com