[6bone] notice of intent to reclaim unused pTLAs, comment period closes 17 January 2003

Jeroen Massar jeroen@unfix.org
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 00:35:53 +0100

Aron Silverton [mailto:ajs@labs.mot.com] wrote:

> Jeroen Massar wrote:
> > Marc Blanchet wrote:
> >

> >>Bob, I agree, but at the same time, we are talking about
> >>loosing the use of
> >>a large address space. Care should be taken to make sure that
> >>the owner has
> >>the chance to respond.
> >

> > Check http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/tla/6bone.
> >
> > All the prefixes Bob has put up for reclaim have not been announced
> > for at least a month now. And most of them have been known for not
> > being announced before that either. Apparently none of the multiple
> > contact are available for reading either the 6bone list and/or their
> > private mailboxes.
>
> How did you come to this conclusion that none of the contacts are
> available and that they do not read the 6bone list and/or
> their private mailboxes?  Some of those contacts do read the list
regularly,
> correspond off-list with other list members, check their
> personal email daily, and have contacted Bob Fink regarding the matter
at
> hand.  Please do not make generalizations that include me until you
have
> tried to send me an email or seen me blatantly ignore a request
directed
> specifically to me on the list.

Whoa.... you are taking this personal now are you?
If you have contacted Bob, you don't have nothing to 'worry' about.
Bob was contacted by some of the TLA holders, apparently that includes
you.

> > Also there is this nice requirement that a pTLA holder should
respond
> > in a timely fashion and 1 month is not a timely fashion.
>
> I responded within minutes to Bob, and per his request, will provide
> status to the list in the near future.

Perfect! Then there should be no problem whatsoever. :)

Also I remember something concerning the Motorola Labs prefix being
used internally etc, at least something like that passed these lists
a couple of months ago.

Greets,
 Jeroen