[6bone] notice of intent to reclaim unused pTLAs, comment period closes 17 January 2003

Aron Silverton ajs@labs.mot.com
Fri, 03 Jan 2003 17:26:50 -0600

Jeroen Massar wrote:
> Marc Blanchet wrote:
>

>>Bob, I agree, but at the same time, we are talking about
>>loosing the use of
>>a large address space. Care should be taken to make sure that
>>the owner has
>>the chance to respond.
>

> Check http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/tla/6bone.
>
> All the prefixes Bob has put up for reclaim have not been announced
> for at least a month now. And most of them have been known for not
> being announced before that either. Apparently none of the multiple
> contact are available for reading either the 6bone list and/or their
> private mailboxes.

How did you come to this conclusion that none of the contacts are
available and that they do not read the 6bone list and/or their private
mailboxes?  Some of those contacts do read the list regularly,
correspond off-list with other list members, check their personal email
daily, and have contacted Bob Fink regarding the matter at hand.  Please
do not make generalizations that include me until you have tried to send
me an email or seen me blatantly ignore a request directed specifically
to me on the list.

> Also there is this nice requirement that a pTLA holder should respond
> in a timely fashion and 1 month is not a timely fashion.

I responded within minutes to Bob, and per his request, will provide
status to the list in the near future.

> Greets,
>  Jeroen

Regards,