[6bone] notice of intent to reclaim unused pTLAs, comment period closes 17 January 2003

Daniel Roesen dr@cluenet.de
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 23:43:46 +0100

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 04:04:53PM -0500, Marc Blanchet wrote:
> Bob, I agree, but at the same time, we are talking about loosing the use of
> a large address space. Care should be taken to make sure that the owner has
> the chance to respond.

If the netblock was not announced for many months, it obviously
wasn't used. The holder may re-apply at any time for a new block.
If he/she has use for it, they will comply again (or not).

Too much poking around provokes mostly a single thing: that people
start announcing the route so their allocations doesn't get
withdrawn ("we might need it sometime in the remote future" effect).

I'd vote for an auto-withdrawl after x months of non-visibility
of the announcement. For my taste, x<=3. It's up to the holder to
be active, not to 6bone to run after them...

Just my 0.02?

Regards,
Daniel