[6bone] notice of intent to reclaim unused pTLAs, comment period closes 17 January 2003

William F. Maton wmaton@ryouko.imsb.nrc.ca
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 16:25:38 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Marc Blanchet wrote:

> > So, my feeling is that if pTLA holders aren't willing to read the 6bone
> > list, they aren't serious about their pTLA and the 6bone.
>
> Bob, I agree, but at the same time, we are talking about loosing the use of
> a large address space. Care should be taken to make sure that the owner has
> the chance to respond.

I agree.

> So I think should give them more time (1 month?) and send the email to all
> the contacts attached to the 6bone object in the registry.

Hmmm...given that holidays of somewhat long duration can happen, aside
from indiustry turbulence, how about 6 weeks from the initial notice and
have a second notice 3 weeks into that?

wfms