[6bone] notice of intent to reclaim unused pTLAs, comment period closes 17 January 2003

Marc Blanchet Marc.Blanchet@viagenie.qc.ca
Fri, 03 Jan 2003 16:04:53 -0500

-- jeudi, janvier 02, 2003 17:23:11 -0800 Bob Fink <bob@thefinks.com>
wrote/a écrit:

> Nicolas,
>
> At 01:17 AM 1/3/2003 +0100, Nicolas DEFFAYET wrote:
>> On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 03:29, Bob Fink wrote:
>> Bob,
>>
>> > This is a notice of intent to reclaim pTLAs that have not been in use
>> > for quite a while (at least several months). Please review the list
>> > below.
>> >
>> > These pTLAs will be returned to the pool, pending comments to me or the
>> > list, at the end of two weeks. Please reply to me or the list prior to
>> > close of business 17 January 2003.
>>
>> Many pTLA owner don't read the 6bone mailing-list. I think that it can
>> be a good idea to add them in Cc.
>
> It is a requirement that they do per section 8. of RFC 2772. Also, many
> of the contacts I have tried have not worked (I'll admit I haven't tried
> all), or I have gotten no response.
>
> So, my feeling is that if pTLA holders aren't willing to read the 6bone
> list, they aren't serious about their pTLA and the 6bone.

Bob, I agree, but at the same time, we are talking about loosing the use of
a large address space. Care should be taken to make sure that the owner has
the chance to respond.

To me, 2 weeks email sent to a mailing list is not fair. Because:
- one might watch the 6bone mailing list once a while
- he might be on vacation. (Many continue to read personal email but would
delay any mailing list emails during vacation)
- ...

So I think should give them more time (1 month?) and send the email to all
the contacts attached to the 6bone object in the registry.

Regards, Marc.