[6bone] notice of intent to reclaim unused pTLAs, closes 17Jan0

Nicolas DEFFAYET nicolas.deffayet@ndsoftware.net
26 Feb 2003 02:11:02 +0100

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 00:35, Daniel Roesen wrote:

> This is exactly what I meant is flawed about giving weeks and months
> of grace time. For many, you only give them time to make an "alibi
> announcement" visibile. IMNSHO, if someone doesn't announce a block
> for months, they _don't_use_it_. This means, if they actually care again
> of _using_ it, they can reapply for a new block and obtain new addresses
> quite quickly. With current, up-to-date contact information etc.

It's not quick to get a pTLA: 15 days when you are lucky, 1 month when
people troll on your request...

pTLA review is not useful, many pTLA have been allocated without respect
RFC2772 (with only one contact, with reserved ASN,...)

What do you think about the last allocated pTLA ?

HP/US                 3FFE:4015::/32 [22Jan03]

Wed Feb 26 01:52:26 CET 2003
route-server.ndsoftwarenet.net> show ipv6 bgp 3FFE:4015::/32
% Network not in table
route-server.ndsoftwarenet.net>

1 month after the allocation, this pTLA had never been announced !

--
Nicolas DEFFAYET, NDSoftware
NDSoftware NOC: http://noc.ndsoftwarenet.com/