[6bone] notice of intent to reclaim unused pTLAs, closes 17Jan0

Bob Fink bob@thefinks.com
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 07:58:37 -0800

Jeroen,

At 02:57 PM 2/25/2003 +0100, Jeroen Massar wrote:
>Bob Fink wrote the 17th of January 2003:
>
> > 6bone Folk,
> >
> > The two weeks has gone by on the notice of intent to reclaim
> > unused pTLAs. I have received replies from several sites (list below)
>and I
> > believe we should let them keep their pTLAs as they are actively
>trying to do
> > something with them.
>
><SNIP>
>
> > The remainder I will try to contact once more, individually,
> > noting in the
> > pTLA list that this process is ongoing, but their pTLA will not be
> > reclaimed at this time.
> >

> >   3ffe:e00::/24       IFB/GB
> >
> >   3ffe:1900::/24      6COM/US-CA
> >
> >   3ffe:1a00::/24      CAIRN/US
> >
> >   3ffe:1b00::/24      UL/PT
> >
> >   3ffe:2300::/24      INFN-CNAF/IT
> >
> >   3ffe:2700::/24      ERA/SE
> >
> >   3ffe:8180::/28      TIAI/US
>
> > If you have better info on the lists above, please let me know.
> >
> > Stay tuned :-)
>
>Of the above list TIAI/US and ERA/SE where already returned.
>Are there any updates about the ones left over?
>
>UL/PT is active again since the 19th of February 2003,
>at least it's seen in the BGP tables (*) again.
>
>Also 3ffe:d00::/24 (ANSNET/US-DC) and 3ffe:82e0::/28 (LDCOM/FR) are
>still not available, any information about those?

I have been plodding along on these, slowly asking for their return in a
more detailed way from individual contacts.

As of this moment, ANSNET and 6COM are returned and CAIRN is reclaimed.
I've just updated the list for these.

I will continue to update the list as I plod along. Meanwhile, anything
that is in question is marked so anyone concerned can simply not peer until
it is clarified.

Can someone remind me what the "never" last seen status time is?

Thanks,

Bob