[6bone] pTLA request by CTN1 - review closes 16 December 2003

Gert Doering gert@space.net
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:26:57 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 08:47:20PM +0100, Nicolas DEFFAYET wrote:
> The community must be open about this request.
>
> This is the last pTLA request, I think that we can allocate this pTLA.
> Closing the pTLA allocation period with a request denied don't promote
> IPv6 usage

It won't promote *6bone* usage, and we don't *want* to promote 6bone.

6bone is dead, face it.  A number of the bigger european NRENs do not even
route 3FFE space anymore.

[..]
> Open your eyes, not all pTLA request respect fully RFC2772.
> There is a problem with this request, because some people want troll
> about it.

Nothing in CTN1's setup fulfill's proper technical standards for an
IPv6 pTLA holder.

[..]
> Please note that for get a sTLA from RIPE, the requester must be a LIR,
> (a cost of ~ 4500 EUR). It's a very high cost for promote IPv6 and offer
> free IPv6 services with a minimum of quality and independance....

Just take upstream space then.  CTN1 could use some from NDSOFTWARE,
for example.

(Just to drive home the point: 6bone space will *not* provide quality
IPv6 services, as *people do not route it*)

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  57386  (57785)

SpaceNet AG                 Mail: netmaster@Space.Net
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14   Tel : +49-89-32356-0
80807 Muenchen              Fax : +49-89-32356-299