[6bone] pTLA request by CTN1 - review closes 16 December 2003

Nicolas DEFFAYET nicolas.deffayet@ndsoftware.net
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:47:20 +0100

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 19:32, Bob Fink wrote:
6bone Folk,

> CTN1 has requested a pTLA allocation and I find their request fully
> compliant with RFC2772. The open review period for this closes 16 December
> 2003. Please send your comments to me or the list.
>
>    <http://www.ctn1.com>
>
> This may be the last 6bone pTLA allocation made as the phaseout plan
> specifies no new pTLA allocations after the end of this year. Thus if
> anyone is expecting to request a pTLA, the request must be sent to me no
> later than 5 December to allow enough review and approval time prior to 31
> December.

The community must be open about this request.

This is the last pTLA request, I think that we can allocate this pTLA.
Closing the pTLA allocation period with a request denied don't promote
IPv6 usage and is not good for the community. CTN1 want promote the
IPv6, i'm agree they are very just with the time, but with deny of this
request they can't promote IPv6 usage and they can't offer free and high
quality IPv6 services to their customers.

Open your eyes, not all pTLA request respect fully RFC2772.
There is a problem with this request, because some people want troll
about it.

I don't work for CTN1, CTN1 is just a partner for NDSoftware. We help
CTN1 in its IPv6 deploiement.

Please note that for get a sTLA from RIPE, the requester must be a LIR,
(a cost of ~ 4500 EUR). It's a very high cost for promote IPv6 and offer
free IPv6 services with a minimum of quality and independance....

Thanks for have read my mail, i wait your comments.

Best Regards,

--
Nicolas DEFFAYET, NDSoftware
NDSoftware IP Network: http://www.ip.ndsoftware.net/