[6bone] pTLA request by CTN1 - review closes 16 December 2003

J. Miracle matrix@miracle1.net
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 15:46:50 -0500

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:47:20 +0100
Nicolas DEFFAYET <nicolas.deffayet@ndsoftware.net> wrote: [Message-ID: 1071690440.26093.153.camel@w1-aub.fr.corp.ndsoftware.com]

ND> On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 19:32, Bob Fink wrote:
ND> 6bone Folk,
ND>
ND> > CTN1 has requested a pTLA allocation and I find their request fully
ND> > compliant with RFC2772. The open review period for this closes 16 December
ND> > 2003. Please send your comments to me or the list.
ND> >
ND> >    <http://www.ctn1.com>
ND> >
ND> > This may be the last 6bone pTLA allocation made as the phaseout plan
ND> > specifies no new pTLA allocations after the end of this year. Thus if
ND> > anyone is expecting to request a pTLA, the request must be sent to me no
ND> > later than 5 December to allow enough review and approval time prior to 31
ND> > December.
ND>
ND> The community must be open about this request.

I believe the community has been very open with this request.

ND> This is the last pTLA request, I think that we can allocate this pTLA.
ND> Closing the pTLA allocation period with a request denied don't promote
ND> IPv6 usage and is not good for the community. CTN1 want promote the
ND> IPv6, i'm agree they are very just with the time, but with deny of this
ND> request they can't promote IPv6 usage and they can't offer free and high
ND> quality IPv6 services to their customers.

I believe upholding the policies on which the 6BONE was founded for making any decisions related
to this manner is exactly what we should expect, and exactly what we got. Might I ask why you say
they could offer 'high quality' IPv6 services with only one IPv6 transit uplink?

ND> Open your eyes, not all pTLA request respect fully RFC2772.
ND> There is a problem with this request, because some people want troll
ND> about it.

If pTLA requests don't conform to RFC2772 they should not be allocated a pTLA.

ND> I don't work for CTN1, CTN1 is just a partner for NDSoftware. We help
ND> CTN1 in its IPv6 deploiement.

If CTN1 is truly a partner of NDSOFTWARE why are you not allocating them address space.
ND was allocated a /32 for this purpose, were they not?