[6bone] Who respect RFC2772 ? (4. Routing Policies for the 6bone)

Paul Timmins paul@timmins.net
31 Oct 2002 12:14:19 -0500

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 05:34, Nicolas DEFFAYET wrote:
> Sprint: http://www.sprintv6.net/aspath/odd-routes1.html

> The pTLA said in their pTLA request that they agree to all current and
> future rules and policies !

If you are trying to suggest that SprintV6 doesn't aggregate and
announces long prefixes, I take issue with that.  Sprint does filtering
very well. I recieve transit from them, and recieve routes via a private
ASN, and not only has my block never been announced to their peers, I
don't recieve the specifics of other transit customers of sprint.
http://ipv6.timmins.net/bgp/odd-routes1.html
In fact, the only specific I carry is my own. I am a transit customer of
sprint, and I exchange prefixes with Viagenie as well.
I have inbound filters, but sprint's announcements pass through 100%.
I didn't want to get into this, but Sprint has always complied with RFC
2772, and even as an end point, they've been willing to help me comply
where applicable.
That, and as my mom always said, "If everyone else jumped off a bridge,
would you?" Because others break the rules doesn't give you permission
to.

-Paul

--
Paul Timmins