[6bone] Who respect RFC2772 ? (4. Routing Policies for the 6bone)

John Fraizer tvo@EnterZone.Net
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 09:52:28 -0500 (EST)

On 31 Oct 2002, Nicolas DEFFAYET wrote:

I agree that there are many, many, many people announcing
specifics.  The fact that you are accepting them doesn't bode well for
your arguement though.  Filtering is a two way street Nicolas.  You've got
to do your part too.

If you want to start pointing fingers at people, going through your little
list and making checkmarks about who is naughty and who is nice, I would
venture to say that by the end of the day, you'll have lots of resources
to spare on your routers to take on private ASNs because all of the
pTLAs/sTLAs that have agreed to peer with you thus far will have had
enough of your whining and bitching and they'll simply drop peering with
you and be done with it.

>    The peering agreements across the 6Bone may be by nature non-
>    commercial, and therefore MAY allow transit traffic, if peering
>    agreements of this nature are made. However, no pTLA is REQUIRED to
>    give or receive transit service from another pTLA.

Please also note the above.  Keep torquing people off and you'll find
yourself transit free but also peer free and that means 6bone/ipv6 free.

You're FREE!  Run Away!  Run Away!

> AS14609
> 3ffe:a00:13::/48

Border2-BGP> sh ipv6 bgp 3ffe:a00:13::/48
% Network not in table

> AS15709
> 2001:650:10::/48

Border2-BGP> sh ipv6 bgp 2001:650:10::/48
% Network not in table

> AS1741
> 3ffe:2620::/32

Border2-BGP> sh ipv6 bgp 3ffe:2620::/32
% Network not in table

> AS17934
> 3ffe:516::/32

Border2-BGP> sh ipv6 bgp 3ffe:516::/32
% Network not in table

> AS2012
> 3ffe:2c03::/32

Border2-BGP> sh ipv6 bgp 3ffe:2c03::/32
% Network not in table

> AS3327
> 3ffe:1200:3028:88a0::/64
> 2001:670:8B::/48

Border2-BGP> sh ipv6 bgp 3ffe:1200:3028:88a0::/64
% Network not in table
Border2-BGP> sh ipv6 bgp 2001:670:8B::/48
% Network not in table

> AS3561
> 2001:648:800::/48

Border2-BGP> sh ipv6 bgp 2001:648:800::/48
% Network not in table

> AS3776
> 3ffe:2900:1109::/48

Border2-BGP> sh ipv6 bgp 3ffe:2900:1109::/48
% Network not in table

> AS4181
> 3ffe:81d0:104::/48

Border2-BGP> sh ipv6 bgp 3ffe:81d0:104::/48
% Network not in table

> AS8145
> 3ffe:26ff:10::/48

Border2-BGP> sh ipv6 bgp 3ffe:26ff:10::/48
% Network not in table

> AS818
> 3ffe:b00:2000::/40
> 2001:410:400::/40

Border2-BGP> sh ipv6 bgp 3ffe:b00:2000::/40
% Network not in table
Border2-BGP> sh ipv6 bgp 2001:410:400::/40
% Network not in table

> AS8812
> 3ffe:2650:1::/48

Border2-BGP> sh ipv6 bgp 3ffe:2650:1::/48
% Network not in table

> AS8209
> 2001:6E0:202::/48

Border2-BGP> sh ipv6 bgp 2001:6E0:202::/48
% Network not in table

> AS8627
> 2001:608:1::/48

Border2-BGP> sh ipv6 bgp 2001:608:1::/48
% Network not in table

The list goes ON AND ON AND ON.... "Network not in table."

Nicolas,

You got that information from other peoples networks.  Just how do you
know that they don't have agreements in place to carry those more
specifics?

> The pTLA said in their pTLA request that they agree to all current and
> future rules and policies !
>
> Do you think that this pTLA who don't respect the RFC2772 must keep
> their pTLA ?

I tell you what.  I'd rather carry 10K /128 routes sourced with AS701 than
a SINGLE prefix sourced with AS25358.  Why?  Because at least they are
PROFESSIONAL.  Nicolas, I hate to break it to you but, the world doesn't
revolve around NDSoftware.  I could care less if our site can reach your
site.  There is absolutely NOTHING of consequence, nor do I ever
anticipate there ever being ANYTHING of consequence behind AS25358.

You applied for a pTLA.  I amoung others, pointed out reasons to NOT
allocate a pTLA to your organization, based on RFC2772.

Now, what do you do?

Fix the problems YOU have with compliance to RFC2772?  Hell no!  That
would be using your time and resources in a CONSTRUCTIVE manner and that
is contrary to anything we have seen from you since the beginning of your
pTLA application process.  I think that the world would explode if you
stopped whining.

Instead, you go out looking for problems with OTHER peoples networks.

Here is a piece of advice for you Nicolas.

People who live in glass houses should NOT throw stones.

In other words, fix your OWN problems before you start pointing the finger
at anyone else.

---
John Fraizer              | High-Security Datacenter Services |
President                 | Dedicated circuits 64k - 155M OC3 |
EnterZone, Inc            | Virtual, Dedicated, Colocation    |
http://www.enterzone.net/ | Network Consulting Services       |