[6bone] Who respect RFC2772 ? (4. Routing Policies for the 6bone)

Robert J. Rockell rrockell@sprint.net
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:53:50 -0500 (EST)

Nicolas,

that's a view of our backbone. On our backbone, we'd probably want to carry
our customer routes (the /48's within 3ffe:2900::/24).   Forwarding would
get weird if we didn't carry a RIB with our customer's prefixes in them. :)

You'll want to check an extrenal looking glass to see what is being HEARD
from Sprint, and I'm hoping (if I can still configure a router; I think I
can) that nothing is leaking. If it is, please let me know, and we'll be sure
to fix it.

thanks for the reminder though. Please feel free to write me directly with
any future infractions you see (or you can contact our group at
ipv6-support@sprint.net).  I'll make sure to go through them all, and see
what is getting exported outside of our ASN.

I think 2772 leaves room to hear some more specifics, even from a pTLA, if
it is for a load-sharing purpose (especially if people have set up their
space geographically based), especially as the 6bone is still all ICMP, and
predominantly 'friendly'.  When we see more traffic, we will most likely go
back to a strictly 'hot-potato' enviroment for our peers, as is predominant
practice in bi-laterals today at the highest levels.

remember, it's all about constraining non-aggreagtion so it doesn't
contribue to a global problem.  I think that was the intention of the
writing.

Thanks
Rob Rockell
SprintLink