[6bone] Re: pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002

Tim Chown tjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 21:25:36 +0000

On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 10:25:21AM -0500, Abdul Basit wrote:

>   I appolgize for being far away from main topic! but i'd just like to
> mention the real facts that being as a student one face when he/she try to
> do something and the officials / professors don't agree with him !
>
>   This post has nothing to deal with Mr Deffayet's pTLA requests though.
> but infact i try to clear some issues about Mr Deffayet, as some person
> claims that  Mr Deffayet follow his own rules, I am speaking my behalf
> that i had no issue with him.

Hi Abdul,

I think this highlights problems faced by many individuals or groups seeking
to get IPv6 access.   In the general case, a tunnel broker with the
associated protocol 41 hole is probably the best solution, so long as you
only need a single host connected, or at most a /48 (which Freenet6 will
I believe give).   If you need more than a /48 for a "student project",
then you're asking for more address space than a whole university would
probably get, so you're in different territory :)

As you say, I2 is now much further advanced, being one of the first backbone
networks to move to dual-stack operation.

Tim