[6bone] Re: pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002

Pim van Pelt pim@ipng.nl
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:50:21 +0200

Hoi Abdul,

May I ask what is your position at the 'NGC' or Wisconsin university
currently? Your signature leads to believe that you are a grad student.
Not that this matters at all, but I do think that an american university
(or students organisation therein) should be able to find connectivity
on that continent at least.

I agree that sometimes larger networks are not that willing to cooperate
with IPv6 deployments, but turning to a European
institute/company/private individual in that case, does not seem
appropriate.

Regarding your statement on offensiveness, most all replies to the pTLA
request did not have personal attacks. We (the general 6BONE population)
do have our doubts regarding the validity of the existance of NDSOFTWARE
as a commercial entity. When somebody looked into the Chambers of
Commerce, they could not find any entry for that company.

Although DEFFAYET does seem to have a positive contribution on the
enduser side, helping institutes and individuals with IPv6 related
things, so do others. For example, IPng.nl (www.ipng.nl) has a nice
userbase and educational role. However, contrary to what some people
state, IPng.nl does not have a pTLA but simply a statically routed block
of addresses from an upstream, who in fact is a large dutch metropolitan
ISP in the Amsterdam region.

I do not feel that NDSOFTWARE has a valid userbase, I don't think they
are a 'real' company (although I cannot prove this statement), and I
don't think they are capable of being well-behaved on the 6BONE. Their
reputation from the past precedes them.

groet,
Pim