[6bone] very drafty draft on 6bone routing mess

Rik van Riel riel@conectiva.com.br
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:31:12 -0200 (BRST)

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Pekka Savola wrote:

> http://www.netcore.fi/pekkas/ietf/6bone-messv2.txt

I like it.  The only thing I'm missing is a way for sites to
easily see if other sites are transit sites or not, ie. should
you accept announced transit paths from a site or not ?

I suppose this can be taken care of by having routing peers
talk to each other, but that might lead to the same lack of
hierarchy the 6bone has today.

It boils down to a way the "serious" (whatever that is) 6bone
sites can exclude transit via the sites that aren't suitable
for transit, without relying on those sites for that. This is
essential since some of the 6bone sites are badly administrated.
Most 6bone sites may be administrated fine, but having routing
messed up by a few badly run sites would suck immensely ;)

kind regards,

Rik
http://www.surriel.com/		http://distro.conectiva.com/
Current spamtrap:  <a href=mailto:"october@surriel.com">october@surriel.com</a>