[6bone] very drafty draft on 6bone routing mess

Carlos Morgado chbm@cprm.net
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:33:34 +0100

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 07:31:12PM -0200, Rik van Riel wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Pekka Savola wrote:
>
> > http://www.netcore.fi/pekkas/ietf/6bone-messv2.txt
>
> I like it.  The only thing I'm missing is a way for sites to
> easily see if other sites are transit sites or not, ie. should
> you accept announced transit paths from a site or not ?

That info can be gathered to some extent from whois. Apart from that
is commercial dealings.

> I suppose this can be taken care of by having routing peers
> talk to each other, but that might lead to the same lack of
> hierarchy the 6bone has today.

Internet currently works with peers talking to each other. Also, you
either buy/negotiate transits or you do non-transit peering
so there's not a lot of ambiguity there :)
Do you have other scenarios in mind ?

--
Carlos Morgado <chbm@cprm.net> - Internet Engineering - Phone +351 214146594
GPG key: 0x75E451E2 FP: B98B 222B F276 18C0 266B  599D 93A1 A3FB 75E4 51E2