[6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002

Janos Mohacsi mohacsi@niif.hu
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 14:31:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002, Nicolas DEFFAYET wrote:

> On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 20:38, Rico Gloeckner wrote:
>
> > Ok, let me rephrase you:
> > | I close tunnels to small local Peers because i want to peer with Large
> > | Peers around the world.
> >
> > Did I understand you correctly?
> >
> > If so, i hope all your Peers will decrease the Priority to you to a very
> > minimum, because this is the best Way to fuck up IPv6-Routing.
>
> I use MED, i don't have a bad routing, you can check:
>
> http://noc.ndsoftwarenet.com/stats/aspath-tree/bgp-page-complete.php
>
> I see all european pTLA/sTLA by European peer,...
>
> My MED for tunnels:
>
> 500: - 10 ms
> 510: 10 - 25 ms
> 520: 25 - 50 ms
> 530: 50 - 100 ms
> 540: + 100 ms
>
> A lot of pTLA and sTLA don't use MED, i use MED for have a good quality.

MED is only useful for the same autonomous systems! As its name is
describing: Multiple Exit Discriminator. Do you have more than one tunnel
to the same autonomous systems? I strongly support to have answer to Tim
Chown's questions...

Janos Mohacsi