[6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002

John Fraizer tvo@EnterZone.Net
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 17:58:20 -0400 (EDT)

On 19 Oct 2002, Nicolas DEFFAYET wrote:

> Why we close peering with private ASN the 23 October 2002:
>
> We have 101 BGP4+ peer, our current routers are full (zebra is very
> unstable if i add new peer) and we want get new peer with other
> pTLA/sTLA that we can't get with our old private ASN.
>
> We have choose to delete all peers with private ASN for free BGP session
> on our routers for this new peers.
>
> > oh! what a coincidence "We will shutdown your BGP peering the 23 October 2002"
> > and "pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002"
> >
> > 2.4 you finally got your pTLA
> > 2.5 you think private ASN sucks and remove all, peerings with private ASN
>
> We don't delete peers with private ASN because "private ASN sucks", we
> keep peering with important private ASN like NextGenCollective or
> IPNG-UK (this 2 projects projet provide a lot of tunnels to users). I
> understand their status, it's why i keep peering with them.

Nicolas,

If your routers are full, BUILD ANOTHER ROUTER to add to your v6 core.
You don't drop one peer to bring on another.  Your new "policy" sucks,
plain and simple and for this reason, I can NOT support your request for a
pTLA.

> TDOI don't provide a lot of tunnels (more than 50) to users, it's for
> that reason that we shutdown your peering.

OK.  I see a total of 2 native v6 sessions listed in your site
object.  You're shutting down existing peering sessions for what reason?

Just an FYI: You violated OUR peering policy when you dropped your peering
session to change your ASN.  If you investigate a bit, you'll notice that
it is possible to have Zebra speak as multiple ASNs at once.  You simply
changed your ASN and "poof" the session dropped.  No biggie.  Just thought
I would bring that to your attention.

> Where i send you your certificate of the best troll of 6bone
> mailing-list ?

And where do I send your certificate for being childish on the 6bone
mailing list?  Yet another reason I do NOT support your application for a
pTLA.

---
John Fraizer              | High-Security Datacenter Services |
President                 | Dedicated circuits 64k - 155M OC3 |
EnterZone, Inc            | Virtual, Dedicated, Colocation    |
http://www.enterzone.net/ | Network Consulting Services       |