[6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002

Nicolas DEFFAYET nicolas.deffayet@ndsoftware.net
20 Oct 2002 00:43:47 +0200

On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 23:58, John Fraizer wrote:

John,

> If your routers are full, BUILD ANOTHER ROUTER to add to your v6 core.
> You don't drop one peer to bring on another.  Your new "policy" sucks,
> plain and simple and for this reason, I can NOT support your request for a
> pTLA.

We don't have budget for build anoter 6bone router.
We want start a pre-production network, all new routers will be for
pre-production network.

Yes, our new policy sucks but i don't have better solution.

I know that my email to this peers wasn't diplomatic.

You provide to an user a BGP4+ peering, after you can't keep the tunnel
for technical reasons (routers full), do you will like that this user
troll about you on public mailing-list ?

One of users who have received my email, contact me (no on public
mailing-list), for get many informations about this problem.
He reply to me "I understand your problem, good luck for your IPv6
network.". If we have free bgp session on our routers later, i will
recontact him.
It's a normal reply. Christian, don't contact me but troll on public
mailing-listing about me, it's not a normal reply, it's a revenge.

> Just an FYI: You violated OUR peering policy when you dropped your peering
> session to change your ASN.  If you investigate a bit, you'll notice that
> it is possible to have Zebra speak as multiple ASNs at once.  You simply
> changed your ASN and "poof" the session dropped.  No biggie.  Just thought
> I would bring that to your attention.

With Zebra 0.93b multi-as on the same router don't work fine.

I have send to you a email, i wait 24 hours, no reply, reply of other, i
switch the ASN of the router.

Best Regards,

Nicolas DEFFAYET