sTLA alloc policies [Re: [6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002]

Tim Chown tjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 16:35:05 +0100

On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 05:36:10PM +0300, Pekka Savola wrote:

> Speaking of which, I'd be really interested in knowing how Internet
> Software Consortium is going to fill the "200 customer rule":

Or small to medium sized NRENs in Europe.  I spoke last week to someone from
one of the smallest European research networks who felt he couldn't get a
SubTLA for that reason (not 200 universities in the country).  This isn't
(I hope) the type of organisation the new rules are trying to exclude.  (in
other ways the new rules are very open, which may lead to (increased)
6bonisation of the 2001: space...

Tim