sTLA alloc policies [Re: [6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002]

Pekka Savola pekkas@netcore.fi
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 17:36:10 +0300 (EEST)

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002, Gert Doering wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 02:19:19PM +0200, Jeroen Massar wrote:
> > [ RIPE rules for IPv6 address space ]
> >
> > That's what I meant to express. They do have political reasons though.
> > And as most people know politics are not nice.
>
> Partly political, but also partly technical - the multihoming issue
> isn't really solved yet, and have every end site have their own /32
> announced into the global table is not a scalable approach.
>
> The political part is the "200 customer rule", which I personally did
> not like very much (it came from ARIN and APNIC), but hey, for a serious
> ISP that actually is connecting customers, it's not a major obstacle.

Speaking of which, I'd be really interested in knowing how Internet
Software Consortium is going to fill the "200 customer rule":

http://ws.arin.net/cgi-bin/whois.pl?queryinput=ISC6-1

I never thought they'd be in the ISP business..

Oh, Nokia must also have colored the truth slightly..