[6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002

Gert Doering gert@space.net
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 14:25:28 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 02:19:19PM +0200, Jeroen Massar wrote:
> [ RIPE rules for IPv6 address space ]
>
> That's what I meant to express. They do have political reasons though.
> And as most people know politics are not nice.

Partly political, but also partly technical - the multihoming issue
isn't really solved yet, and have every end site have their own /32
announced into the global table is not a scalable approach.

The political part is the "200 customer rule", which I personally did
not like very much (it came from ARIN and APNIC), but hey, for a serious
ISP that actually is connecting customers, it's not a major obstacle.

> Also it's good to see that RIPE doesn't bend the rules even because
> they deal the space out.

Yes.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  48282  (47686)

SpaceNet AG                 Mail: netmaster@Space.Net
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14   Tel : +49-89-32356-0
80807 Muenchen              Fax : +49-89-32356-299