[6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002

Patrick Grossetete pgrosset@cisco.com
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 12:39:39 +0200

         Pekka,

         Your comment on the performances is not accurate. You reported a
26 Mb/s throughput using TTCP between
2 Linux hosts, asking for feedback about that. We just tested the same
configuration but using IXIA traffic generators
and got different numbers really different from yours. I asked Theo to
provide you an official answer, so I expect
you will update the list later.

Patrick

At 02:22 AM 20-10-02 +0300, Pekka Savola wrote:
>On Sat, 19 Oct 2002, Paul Aitken wrote:
> > Nicolas DEFFAYET wrote:
> >
> > > I don't have Cisco or Juniper routers because i don't have the budget
> > > for that. You can offer me a Cisco if you want...
> >
> > http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/csc/refurb_equipment
>
>Well, to be frank, I'm not sure why anyone would want Cisco equipment for
>IPv6, old or new.  They hardly seem to be able to manage 30 Mbit/s of IPv6
>traffic :-(.  I guess this is enough for some, for us it isn't :-(.
>
>And no, we're not using "crap" (for some, usefull stuf for others) like
>4x00's, 2x00's etc. like many seem to be doing: rather, like 7200, 7500,
>12xxx, etc.
>
>And yes, I've tried to contact ipv6-support@cisco.com to try to find out
>whether these are really the bottlenecks, no replies.
>
>--
>Pekka Savola                 "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
>Netcore Oy                   not those you stumble over and fall"
>Systems. Networks. Security.  -- Robert Jordan: A Crown of Swords

Patrick Grossetete
Cisco Systems
Internet Technology Division (ITD) - Product Manager

Phone/Vmail: 33.1.58.04.61.52
Fax: 33.1.58.04.61.00
mobile: 33.6.19.98.51.31
Email:pgrosset@cisco.com