[6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002

Pekka Savola pekkas@netcore.fi
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 02:22:48 +0300 (EEST)

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002, Paul Aitken wrote:
> Nicolas DEFFAYET wrote:
>
> > I don't have Cisco or Juniper routers because i don't have the budget
> > for that. You can offer me a Cisco if you want...
>
> http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/csc/refurb_equipment

Well, to be frank, I'm not sure why anyone would want Cisco equipment for
IPv6, old or new.  They hardly seem to be able to manage 30 Mbit/s of IPv6
traffic :-(.  I guess this is enough for some, for us it isn't :-(.

And no, we're not using "crap" (for some, usefull stuf for others) like
4x00's, 2x00's etc. like many seem to be doing: rather, like 7200, 7500,
12xxx, etc.

And yes, I've tried to contact ipv6-support@cisco.com to try to find out
whether these are really the bottlenecks, no replies.