[6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002

Pekka Savola pekkas@netcore.fi
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 00:03:23 +0300 (EEST)

On 19 Oct 2002, Nicolas DEFFAYET wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 20:38, Rico Gloeckner wrote:
>
> > Ok, let me rephrase you:
> > | I close tunnels to small local Peers because i want to peer with Large
> > | Peers around the world.
> >
> > Did I understand you correctly?
> >
> > If so, i hope all your Peers will decrease the Priority to you to a very
> > minimum, because this is the best Way to fuck up IPv6-Routing.
>
> I use MED, i don't have a bad routing, you can check:
>
> http://noc.ndsoftwarenet.com/stats/aspath-tree/bgp-page-complete.php
>
> I see all european pTLA/sTLA by European peer,...
>
> My MED for tunnels:
>
> 500: - 10 ms
> 510: 10 - 25 ms
> 520: 25 - 50 ms
> 530: 50 - 100 ms
> 540: + 100 ms
>
> A lot of pTLA and sTLA don't use MED, i use MED for have a good quality.

Are you aware of the fact that unless you have 'always-compare-med' (or
equivalent), MED is only used when comparing paths for which the neighbor
AS is the same?  So, unless you have two connections to a neighbor AS,
it's of no use?

Pretty much useless in the 6bone context otherwise.