[6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002

Nicolas DEFFAYET nicolas.deffayet@ndsoftware.net
19 Oct 2002 20:58:15 +0200

On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 20:38, Rico Gloeckner wrote:

> Ok, let me rephrase you:
> | I close tunnels to small local Peers because i want to peer with Large
> | Peers around the world.
>
> Did I understand you correctly?
>
> If so, i hope all your Peers will decrease the Priority to you to a very
> minimum, because this is the best Way to fuck up IPv6-Routing.

I use MED, i don't have a bad routing, you can check:

http://noc.ndsoftwarenet.com/stats/aspath-tree/bgp-page-complete.php

I see all european pTLA/sTLA by European peer,...

My MED for tunnels:

500: - 10 ms
510: 10 - 25 ms
520: 25 - 50 ms
530: 50 - 100 ms
540: + 100 ms

A lot of pTLA and sTLA don't use MED, i use MED for have a good quality.

> PS: I dont see how colocated Boxes qualify for the Attribute "IX",
> let it be alone "First IPv6 IX in $TLD", if so there were sure some more
> IPv6-only IXs before you in your TLD.

FNIX6 is the first IPv6 (IPv6 only of course) Internet Exchange in
France.
SFINX is the first IPv4/IPv6 (dualstack) Internet Exchange in France.

I have a full rack for FNIX6 with a switch in it.

Best Regards,

Nicolas DEFFAYET