[6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002

Christian Nickel dragon@tdoi.org
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 20:06:34 +0200

Hello 6bone members,

I recieved the following mail from a french LIR that wants to stay anonymous:

>Christian,
>
>to be honnest, French IPv6 community is also very annoyed by Mr. Deffayet.
>Its behaviour is starting to get on our nerves.
>
>What you've forgotten to tell in your mail to the 6bone mailing-list is
>that Mr Deffayet does not hesitate to insult the peoples who refuse to
>grant him BGP sessions or tunnels.
>
>As maintainer of the xxx pTLA and maintainer of the xxx RIPE sTLA,
>I am used to be victim of Mr Deffayet's attacks only
>because I decline to offer him tunnel or BGP4+ for legitimate reasons.
>
>> ok now my personal opinion:
>>
>> I don't support the pTLA request of NDSOFTWARE because:
>
>I do TOTALY agree with you. It is a matter of survival for the IPv6
>worldwide experimentation and deployement not to allow Mr. Deffayet to
>play with global BGP.
>
>The reason is obvious : that kid (and yes, it is truely a kid and its
>compagny does NOT exists legally in France) is taking IPv6 as a HOBBY.
>It's goal is nothing more than collecting tunnels and BGP sessions without
>having any clues about avoiding trombonning, using MEDs or wise
>communities. Some peoples believe "NDSoftware" is the root cause (or at
>least a big part of the cause) of the "ghost AS_pathes" we saw emerging a
>few months ago.
>
>A hidden AS with so many BGP sessions redistributing everything with
>no-export is not a sane thing. It is even worse if some of the peers of
>that AS are not conforming to the no-export tag.
>
>When peoples like xxx, xxx, xxx and many other are making
>efforts to limit transcontinentals tunnels, trying to have v6 topology
>matching the underlying v4 one to optimize RTTs or to even spend money and
>time to deploy native IPv6, we are truely sad to see that a kid playing
>with some PCs running Zebra could annihilate all of those efforts.
>
>Bob, I really do think that you should not give a pTLA to NDSoftware for
>all the reasons here and all the reasons other have raised.
>
>PS: RIPE has been warned too.

PS: Nicolas i think you are the troll of 6bone or should i say of the complete
ipv6 community?

Christian "_DrAGON_" Nickel
TDOI Network | dragon@tdoi.org | www.tdoi.org