[6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002

Nicolas DEFFAYET nicolas.deffayet@ndsoftware.net
19 Oct 2002 19:15:28 +0200

On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 18:02, Christian Nickel wrote:

> Hello,
>
> You receive this email because you have a BGP peering with NDSoftware.
>
> We change our peering policy.
>
> We will shutdown your BGP peering the 23 October 2002 because you don't
> respect our new peering policy with your private ASN.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Nicolas DEFFAYET

Why we close peering with private ASN the 23 October 2002:

We have 101 BGP4+ peer, our current routers are full (zebra is very
unstable if i add new peer) and we want get new peer with other
pTLA/sTLA that we can't get with our old private ASN.

We have choose to delete all peers with private ASN for free BGP session
on our routers for this new peers.

> oh! what a coincidence "We will shutdown your BGP peering the 23 October 2002"
> and "pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002"
>
> 2.4 you finally got your pTLA
> 2.5 you think private ASN sucks and remove all, peerings with private ASN

We don't delete peers with private ASN because "private ASN sucks", we
keep peering with important private ASN like NextGenCollective or
IPNG-UK (this 2 projects projet provide a lot of tunnels to users). I
understand their status, it's why i keep peering with them.

TDOI don't provide a lot of tunnels (more than 50) to users, it's for
that reason that we shutdown your peering.

Where i send you your certificate of the best troll of 6bone
mailing-list ?

Best Regards,

Nicolas DEFFAYET