[6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002

Christian Nickel dragon@tdoi.org
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 18:02:03 +0200

HOWTO get a "real" ASN and a pTLA

1. Get a "real" Autonomous System Number
1.1 Setup ZEBRA on two root servers, build some fake ISP and name it NDSOFTWARE
1.2 get some pTLA/sTLA sites who accept your private AS and peer with them
1.3 whining and begging at pTLA/sTLA site which normally don't accept private
    peerings, until they peer with you
1.4 peering with other private AS's and assign them some adress space of your
    three /32, which you begged from other 6bone backbone sites
1.5 repeat 1.3 and 1.4 until you have 101 peerings
1.6 spam to 6bone-ml, don't forget to write your name in uppercase
1.7 make new friends like Pim B. van Pelt
    http://mailman.isi.edu/pipermail/6bone/2002-May/005470.html
    http://mailman.isi.edu/pipermail/6bone/2002-May/005498.html
1.8 more spam to 6bone-ml, don't forget to write your name in uppercase
1.9 create a IPv6 only Internet Exchange Point
1.10 whining and begging at your local LIR until they send your request for
     a ASN to RIR
1.11 RIR doesn't accept your ASN request
1.12 spam, whining and begging at 6bone-ml
1.13 finally you got your ASN

2. Get a pTLA
2.1 request a pTLA
2.2 your request is accepted, and review period begins
2.3 ok, now you can send some bad emails to your peering partners
    like this one:

    PS: don't forget to write your name uppercase!!!

------------

Hello,

You receive this email because you have a BGP peering with NDSoftware.

We change our peering policy.

We will shutdown your BGP peering the 23 October 2002 because you don't
respect our new peering policy with your private ASN.

Best Regards,

Nicolas DEFFAYET

------------

oh! what a coincidence "We will shutdown your BGP peering the 23 October 2002"
and "pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002"

PS: great policy http://noc.ndsoftwarenet.com/docs/peering-policy.php

2.4 you finally got your pTLA
2.5 you think private ASN sucks and remove all, peerings with private ASN

   the annoyed german ipv6 community

ok now my personal opinion:

I don't support the pTLA request of NDSOFTWARE because:

<quote>Nicolas is an inmensly irritating clueless kiddie</quote>

I think he is just a kiddie who wants to impress other 6bone / ipv6 users.
I think his company NDSOFTWARE is no real ISP
I also think the other four persons in his request are fake or they don't know
what IPv6 is. (I have never seen or heared of anyone expect Nicolas)

Christian "_DrAGON_" Nickel
TDOI Network | dragon@tdoi.org | www.tdoi.org