[6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002

Nicolas DEFFAYET nicolas.deffayet@ndsoftware.net
19 Oct 2002 21:26:22 +0200

On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 20:06, Christian Nickel wrote:

> I recieved the following mail from a french LIR that wants to stay anonymous:

Very serious...

> >to be honnest, French IPv6 community is also very annoyed by Mr. Deffayet.
> >Its behaviour is starting to get on our nerves.

What's the French IPv6 community ?

You have _a_ (not the) French IPv6 community: IPv6-FR (on IRC #ipv6-fr @
irc.ndsoftwarenet.com / #ipv6-fr @ IRCnet).

> >What you've forgotten to tell in your mail to the 6bone mailing-list is
> >that Mr Deffayet does not hesitate to insult the peoples who refuse to
> >grant him BGP sessions or tunnels.

I never do this.
I want see this mail, send it with _FULL header_ on this list.

> >As maintainer of the xxx pTLA and maintainer of the xxx RIPE sTLA,

It's ISDnet, why hide it ?

> >I am used to be victim of Mr Deffayet's attacks only
> >because I decline to offer him tunnel or BGP4+ for legitimate reasons.

I never attack this administrator.

> >> ok now my personal opinion:
> >>
> >> I don't support the pTLA request of NDSOFTWARE because:
> >
> >I do TOTALY agree with you. It is a matter of survival for the IPv6
> >worldwide experimentation and deployement not to allow Mr. Deffayet to
> >play with global BGP.

Very funny.

Ask many other administrators, no problem with my BGP.
When i used my private ASN, i always announced my 3 /32 with community
no-export and never sent a full transit.

> >The reason is obvious : that kid (and yes, it is truely a kid and its
> >compagny does NOT exists legally in France) is taking IPv6 as a HOBBY.
> >It's goal is nothing more than collecting tunnels and BGP sessions without
> >having any clues about avoiding trombonning, using MEDs or wise
> >communities. Some peoples believe "NDSoftware" is the root cause (or at
> >least a big part of the cause) of the "ghost AS_pathes" we saw emerging a
> >few months ago.

NDSoftware exist, IPv6-FR exist.

With many tunnels, i have do a lot of tests, i know now the limit of
Zebra, what's the best solution for manage a lot of peering,...

I use MED, i don't have a bad routing, you can check:

http://noc.ndsoftwarenet.com/stats/aspath-tree/bgp-page-complete.php

I see all european pTLA/sTLA by European peer,...

My MED for tunnels:

500: - 10 ms
510: 10 - 25 ms
520: 25 - 50 ms
530: 50 - 100 ms
540: + 100 ms

A lot of pTLA and sTLA don't use MED, i use MED for have a good quality.

I'm not the source of this "ghost AS_pathes", read archive of this list.

> >A hidden AS with so many BGP sessions redistributing everything with
> >no-export is not a sane thing. It is even worse if some of the peers of
> >that AS are not conforming to the no-export tag.

When peer didn't understand community no-export, i didn't send any
routes.

> >When peoples like xxx, xxx, xxx and many other are making
> >efforts to limit transcontinentals tunnels, trying to have v6 topology
> >matching the underlying v4 one to optimize RTTs or to even spend money and
> >time to deploy native IPv6, we are truely sad to see that a kid playing
> >with some PCs running Zebra could annihilate all of those efforts.

I use MED....
I see all european pTLA/sTLA by European peer,...

I'm not a kid.
I don't have Cisco or Juniper routers because i don't have the budget
for that. You can offer me a Cisco if you want...

> >Bob, I really do think that you should not give a pTLA to NDSoftware for
> >all the reasons here and all the reasons other have raised.
> >
> >PS: RIPE has been warned too.

I respect all 6bone rules...

> PS: Nicolas i think you are the troll of 6bone or should i say of the complete
> ipv6 community?

Yes, you are a troll expert with your friends.