[6bone] Aggregation to /16 in the DFZ is not possible

Pim van Pelt pim@ipng.nl
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 21:28:48 +0100

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 02:11:46PM +0100, Christian Schild wrote:
| Dear 6boners,
|
| lately there were some discussions on the 6bone list improving
| 6bone traffic with the help of aggregating 6bone- or RIR-prefixes
| to a /16 aggreagate (3ffe::/16 and/or 2001::/16).

I was thinking more along the lines of two routers for IPv6. One would
be connected to AMS-v6-IX natively (in my case) and does not accept any
3ffe::/16 stuff, the other would accept any prefixes from its peers
but tag them with a lower localpref so routes over AMS-IX would be more
prefered. I think this will solve near-local connectivity issues for my
particular setup.

groet,
Pim
--