[6bone] IPv6 behind NAT

michael.a.cardosa@accenture.com michael.a.cardosa@accenture.com
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 15:57:04 -0500

I am new to IPv6, so please bare with me.  I have a small home network that
I would like to use
to experiment with IPv6.  I have a cable modem that is connected to my
linux firewall/router.  I
would like to setup an IPv6 network within my existing network in the
following manner:

[sorry for the bad ascii art]

                                                   cable modem

                                                      linux
router--------existing internal network(IP4)

                                                IPv6 router

                                        IPv6 internal network

>From the documentation that I have read, I believe that I I need to have
the IPv6 router do
6to4 translation (if that is the correct term).  I am planning on using Red
Hat for this.  The other
machines on the IPv6 will be Linux/BSD variants.  I do not know, however,
how to configure
my router since it will have an internal NAT address and not the external
one.  Can somebody
point me in the right direction?

Thanks for any help
mike

original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.