[6bone] AAAA and A6 recent status?

Stephen Degler sdegler@degler.net
Tue, 21 May 2002 10:08:32 -0400

Hi,

If you are running DNS via bind 9.2 or newer you can instruct bind
to convert the A6's to AAAA's on the fly "options allow-v6-synthesis".

On the other hand. If you aren't specifically testing or using features
available with A6 and DNAME (renumbering and the new style reverse mappings)
Its unlikely that you have any clients that will make use of them.

skd