[6bone] AAAA and A6 recent status?

Bill Manning bmanning@ISI.EDU
Tue, 21 May 2002 09:17:03 -0700 (PDT)

% a6, dname, and bitstring labels are dog meat.  folk should spend
% their time on useful work.
%
% randy
% _______________________________________________

	...dog meat?  perhaps insofar as "the dog ate my homework".

	they are products of the IETF and, as far as I can tell,
	are still floating around the IESG pool as RFCs.  If you feel so
	strongly about excising them, please use your considerable influence
 	and postition in the IESG/IAB to move them to historic status
	and then remove support for them from the reference implementation.

	And even -IF- you are able to pull this off, your insinuation that
	a6,dname,bitstring work did not represent "useful work" is
	flawed on at least a couple of counts:

	) it is useful to know what does not work
	) it is useful to know why things don't work

--bill