pTLA request for ASNET - review closes 29 March 2002

Pekka Savola pekkas@netcore.fi
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 10:15:21 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Bob Fink wrote:
> >We would like to apply for a pTLA allocation from 6bone, we are ASNET,
> >Academia Sinica Computing Center (http://www.ascc.net).
> >
> >We are one of the members of TANet(Taiwan Academia Network) in Taiwan.
> >We also maintain the TaipeiGigaPoP which provide 60% network traffic
> >exchanged in TANET-Taipei. The Mission of ASNET is to promote and to
> >coordinate the development of networks of telecommunications and
> >computing, focused to the scientific and educative development in
> >Taiwan.

IMO, instead of you, shouldn't 'TANet' be requesting the block?

If I understand correctly, you're basically just one university.. if so,
we definitely should not go down that road.