[6bone] pTLA for Teredo testing - review closes 7 August 2002

Thomas Narten narten@us.ibm.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:03:05 -0400

Hi Christian.

> We would like to start by experimentation, as in beta software, and I
> would rather not use an illegal prefix. Obviously, hardcoding is always
> a bad idea. In fact, using a "perishable" prefix would fit the bill for
> Teredo, which is expected to be a perishable short term fix.

I don't quite follow what you are saying. Are you expecting Teredo to
be perishable in the sense that after a fixed amount of time (say 1
year), it will no longer be needed and the allocation can be returned?
Or is this a more open-ended "when IPv6 is widely deployed, teredo
won't be needed anymore because everyone will be using native IPv6
techniques"? (which doesn't have a predictable end date.)

I'd like to understand if there is a clear timetable for when the
experiment ends and if there is a definitie way to end the experiment
once it starts.

Thomas