[6bone] Reverse Delegations for ARIN IPv6 Registrations

Bob Fink fink@es.net
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 19:12:47 -0700

At 05:08 PM 7/25/2002 -0400, Richard Jimmerson wrote:
>Hello Antonio,
>
> > > Therefore, beginning today, ARIN will begin making the appropriate
> > > delegations for its IPv6 address space registrations in both
> > > domains.
>
> > This applies only to 2001 prefixes assigned from ARIN but not
> > 6bone (3ffe) space?
>
>Yes.  The message below only applies to 2001 prefixes assigned
>by ARIN.

There are also talks underway with the RIRs about bringing the 6bone
registry into the RIR fold so to speak, one part of which would provide
reverse registry for the 3FFE prefixes as well. I talked about this at the
Yokohama IETF last week, but haven't had the time to circulate the draft to
the list yet as I just got back from Japan.

Stay tuned to the 6bone list.

Bob