[6bone] Summer cleanup time for IPv6 aggregation!

Michel Py michel@arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:57:57 -0700

> Jeroen Massar wrote:
> Boo,

Nice try, but I'm not scared.

> Okay, let's take a looky at this nice long filthy list of
> today (07/24/02 6Bone Routing Report).

I just wanted to publicly state my support to Jeroen's efforts to keep
our collective routing table clean. It does take some special individual
to put his nose in the crap to figure out if it really stinks.

And, at the risk of being percept as the one seeing the incarnation of
evil all over the place again, I will take the opportunity to remind
those of who that have reached a reasonable amount of maturity:

- What we are seeing here are futile attempts to dissimulate the fact
that we still don't have a multihoming solution for v6. As I mentioned
many times before, each attempt to break PA aggregation diminishes the
chances of a correct v6 mh solution.

- We will not have the "clean start" IPv6 opportunity again for a long
time (unless you believe in IPv8 ;-)

Kudos to Jeroen.

Michel.