[6bone] pTLA 3FFE:1E00::/24 reclaimed to pool

Pekka Savola pekkas@netcore.fi
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 22:07:09 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Sascha Bielski wrote:
> > I will take Paul Aitken's suggestion and return this to the bottom of the
> > pool so new pTLA allocations will not use it ever (or at least for quite a
> > while) to avoid possible filter problems. Note that this is a /24, and thus
> > is already in a pool that no new allocations are coming from.
>
> maybe we should recycle that /24 in some months. maybe a _big_
> provider can use a /24 in some time (i talk about a _big_ provider,
> nothing like a small ISP). we should not waste that space.

IMO, it's a useless effort.

_big_ providers are not categorically interested in 6bone space.

Better not try to whip the dead (dying) horse, it has already lost
usefulnesss.  Better to just try to ensure it can die without pain :-)