[6bone] pTLA 3FFE:1E00::/24 reclaimed to pool

Bob Fink fink@es.net
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 17:13:57 -0800

Sascha,

At 07:12 PM 12/4/2002 +0100, Sascha Bielski wrote:
>Dear Bob Fink,
>
> > I will take Paul Aitken's suggestion and return this to the bottom of the
> > pool so new pTLA allocations will not use it ever (or at least for quite a
> > while) to avoid possible filter problems. Note that this is a /24, and
> thus
> > is already in a pool that no new allocations are coming from.
>
>maybe we should recycle that /24 in some months. maybe a _big_
>provider can use a /24 in some time (i talk about a _big_ provider,
>nothing like a small ISP). we should not waste that space.

At this time there is almost no likelihood that any ISP could qualify for a
/24 pTLA. We are now allocating /32's to be inline with RIR /32 policy.

Any really large ISP with a deployment plan sufficient to justify a /24
should be talking to the RIRs, not the 6bone.

Thanks,

Bob