[6bone] Where I stand

Joao Luis Silva Damas joao@ripe.net
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 19:50:58 +0200

Just to clarify my position:

I *DO* want IPv6 to suceed.
I *DO* believe the RIR communities, with the RIRs as secretariats,
are the way to go in address allocation. The coordination performed
in this context over the last years has proved this beyond any doubt

IPv6 is deployable right now.

While our last exchange of mails was going on I have been using my
time to put together a name server at 2001:610:240::193:0:0:193. Some
of you will notice the coincidence of some parts of this address with
other nameserver's address.

This is just a quick provisional thing (for today, as it is getting
late here in Europe). This stuff is running on an Apple Xserve
running stock Mac OS X 10.2 using bind 9.2.1.

IPv6 is deployable.

have a good night

Joao