[6bone] Where I stand

Bill Manning bmanning@ISI.EDU
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 11:09:09 -0700 (PDT)

% While our last exchange of mails was going on I have been using my
% time to put together a name server at 2001:610:240::193:0:0:193. Some
% of you will notice the coincidence of some parts of this address with
% other nameserver's address.
%
% This is just a quick provisional thing (for today, as it is getting
% late here in Europe). This stuff is running on an Apple Xserve
% running stock Mac OS X 10.2 using bind 9.2.1.

	Yeah!  will this be a functional replacement for ::ffff:193.0.0.193

	(for the latecomers, the above may have been the first nameserver
	with a published v6 address (yes, its a mapped address and we know
	now that sticking mapped addresses in the DNS is a recipe for
	disaster))

	I've been waiting for a bit over a year for RIPE to put a v6 server
	back online.  Thanks again.

--
--bill